Living In   /   FAQ


No answers matched your search

Building Permit

The cost is $15.00 per inspection and $0.10 per square foot for the area under construction.

Contact Gary Shogren at (785) 227-3355 or

Any new structure 120 square feet or greater; 
New or replaced electrical wiring; New or replaced plumbing; 
New or replaced heating. 
Call (785) 227-3428 for specifics.

Yes. Call (785) 227-3428 to find out the specifics for the lot in question.

Yes. Call (785) 227-3355 or (785) 227-3428 to find out information about fence permits.


Svensk Hyllningsfest events are scheduled in odd years on the second weekend in October.

General City Info

City Hall is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. - Due to COVID19 hours may be different. 

Payments of any kind are only taken until 4:30 p.m., M-F.

The City of Lindsborg provides electric service, water service and trash service to the residents and businesses of Lindsborg. Customers living within the city boundaries of Lindsborg, who need to establish new service, terminate existing service or change the name or information concerning your account may contact City Hall, Utility Billing Clerk at (785) 227-3355. 
To begin new service or transfer service, you must apply in person at City Hall located at 101 S. Main, Lindsborg, KS between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and pay a $25.00 application fee. Information required is name on the account, phone numbers, place of employment and social security numbers.
The City of Lindsborg requires a $75.00 electric service deposit and a $25.00 water service deposit. The deposit may be waived if you provide a letter of good credit in your name showing 2 or less late payments in the last 12 months with your present utility provider.
If you would like to discontinue your service, you can simply call the City Hall, Utility Billing Clerk (785) 227-3355 and indicate the day you would like to terminate service and leave a forwarding address for your final bill.

Payment Options: Automatic withdrawal from a checking account, credit/debit cards, check or money order mailed to P.O. Box 70, Lindsborg KS 67456 or cash, check or money orders are accepted from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, at City Hall, 101 S. Main, Lindsborg KS. After hours/weekend payments may be placed in the drop box on the south side of the main door at City Hall.

Utility accounts are considered delinquent if payment is not received by the 10th of the month. A 10% penalty is applied to the account the day after the due date and a delinquent notice is mailed with information about shut off schedules. If payments are not received by 10:00 a.m. on the scheduled shut off day, the past due balance plus a $50.00 fee is accessed at shut off time. Upon payment in full, service will be reconnected between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday, except weekday holidays. No delinquent service is reconnected after hours.

June through mid September in the evenings between the hours of 7:00 PM and midnight.
Exceptions: Winds over 10 MPH and/or forecast of Rain.
Spraying will then take place on the next available weekday that conditions are met.

View information on voter registration More...

Dog licenses are $5 for spayed or neutered and $25 for those that are not.  We do require proof of vaccination.  Licenses run on the calendar year so you need a new license every January.

Parks & Recreation

Registration fees do vary between $20-$40 depending on activity and if the participant lives within city limits. 

For more information contact the Recreation Department at (785) 227-3333

City of Lindsborg Recreation page

View information online or contact the Recreation Department at (785) 227-3333. 

City of Lindsborg Recreation page

Recreation Programs have individual deadlines. There is a late registration fee of $5 and participation placement is not guaranteed.

Contact the Recreation Department at (785) 227-3333 or to be added to the group distribution list.

Reservations are accepted on a first come first serve basis. Contact City Hall at (785) 227-3355 for more information. Submit Request...

The Lindsborg Swimming Pool is tentatively set to open on June 5, 2021.
Call 785-227-3333 or email for exact dates each year.

Municipal Pool hours are 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Sunday.

The Swimming Pool direct phone listing is (785) 212-0071.

For more information you can also email

For Pool Party reservations submit a request form online or contact City Hall at (785) 227-3355. Submit Request...

Please contact the Recreation Department for details each year at 785-227-3333 or email

Sign up for swim lessons at the Swimming Pool during regular hours or

email for more options. 

The Lindsborg Golf Course is open daily (weather permitting). Winter hours vary. The course is closed when temps are below 55 degrees Fahrenheit. Call 785-227-3333 to inquire or the golf course at 785-227-2244.
Visitors are welcome to PLAY!

Call (785) 227-2244 for course amenities, program information and/or to reserve a tee time.

Public Safety

Reference information Kansas State Statue 8-2,101

Reference information Kansas State Statue 8-1344

Surrounding Sites

Yes. Coronado Heights is available for wedding ceremonies, however the area and entrance must remain open to the public at all times.