- Begin the day fortified with Swedish pastries from the Old Grind Coffeeshop.
- Drive to the beginning of the Prairie Trail Scenic Byway and explore Maxwell Game preserve, 2600 acres of native prairie complete with guided tours of bison herds. The refuge also features roaming elk, more than 100 species of birds and a bluebird trail.
- Drive back down the byway for a lunch at the Brick Street Grill and a cold beer.
- Get a round in at the Lindsborg Golf Course.
- Cool off with some spicy food at Jalisco’s Mexican Restaurant.
- Hike Coronado Heights to watch the sunset.
- Relax at the lodging of your choice.
- Rise and shine at the Swedish Country Inn's Swedish Breakfast Buffet.
- Pack a picnic from the deli at Scott’s Hometown Foods.
- Travel the Scenic Byway to the end and hike Kanopolis State Park which features 26 miles of trails or take a guided trail ride with horses (785) 826-0789.
- Wind down with a tour of the McPherson County Old Mill Museum and Heritage Square, finalist in 8 Wonders of Kansas! History category.
- Massage at Swedish Country Inn.
- Belly up to the bar for a delicious sandwich and a cold one at the Öl Stuga. The perfect environment in which to discuss your vigorous adventure-filled weekend.