Lindsborg Safety Center
102 S First Street
P.O. Box 70
1. Obtain a Vial of Life kit. It includes a medical information sheet, a large plastic “medicine vial” pill box to store the information sheet in, a door sticker and a refrigerator magnet.
2. Completely fill out the information sheet. If you have a durable power of attorney, living will or a DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) order, place a copy in the vial.
3. Place the sticker on the door that emergency personnel would most likely enter. Put the magnet on your refrigerator. Store the vial inside the refrigerator in the upper shelf of the door where it can be easily seen.
4. Take the information sheet with you whenever you visit the doctor or pharmacy. Have it updated every time there is a change in medical history, medications or dosage.
5. Consider giving a copy of your medical information sheet to your family to keep on file.
6. Never remove the vial from the refrigerator except to update the information.