LINDSBORG CITY COUNCIL
December 29, 2011 - 7:00 a.m.
Members Present - Russ Hefner, WR Chestnut, Ken Branch, Becky Anderson, Betty Nelson & Judy Neuschafer. Rick Martin joined the meeting at 7:17 a.m.
Members Absent - David Higbee & Brad Howe
Others - Greg DuMars, Jerry Lovett-Sperling, Gary Shogren, Carla Wilson, Tim Berggren, Tim Dunn, Larry Lindgren, Dan Carr, Denise Schwantes
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 a.m.
1. NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION HEARING - Mayor Neuschafer opened the hearing at 7:03 a.m. There were no comments from the public and the hearing was closed at 7:05 a.m.
2. SALES TAX TRANSFER - Betty Nelson moved to approve a sales tax transfer of $50,000.00 to the Capital Improvement Fund. Motion seconded by Becky Anderson and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
3. CEREAL MALT BEVERAGE APPLICATIONS - Betty Nelson moved to approve the applications from Casey's, Kaps and Pizza Hut. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed.
4. NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION PLAN ORDINANCE 4731 - Betty Nelson moved to adopt Ordinance 4731. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
5. PERSONNEL POLICY CHANGES - Betty Nelson moved to approve the mostly administrative changes to the Personnel Policy Manual. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed.
6. EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT - CITY ADMINISTRATOR - Betty Nelson moved to approve the employment agreement with City Administrator, Greg DuMars with a 2% merit increase in salary.
7. EXECUTIVE SESSION - FINANCIAL AFFAIRS OF SECOND PARTY - Ken Branch moved to enter Executive Session for 15 minutes for discussion of second party financial affairs and include the city administrator. Motion seconded by Betty Nelson and passed. Session began it 7:17a.m. and returned at 7:32 a.m. Ken Branch motioned to return to executive session for an additional 15 minutes. Motion seconded by Rick Martin and passed. Session began at 7:34 a.m. and returned at 7:49 a.m. No action taken.
8. PAYROLL ORDINANCE 4729 - Russ Hefner moved to approve payment of Payroll Ordinance 4729. Motion seconded by Becky Anderson and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
9. PURCHASE ORDER ORDINANCE 4730 - Russ Hefner moved to approve payment of Purchase Order Ordinance 4730. Motion seconded by Becky Anderson and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
Meeting adjourned at 7:51 a.m.
Jerry Lovett-Sperling, MMC