LINDSBORG CITY COUNCIL
December 29, 2010 - 7:00 a.m.
Members Present - Rick Martin, Lloyd Rohr, Ken Branch, Betty Nelson, Becky Anderson, Russ Hefner and Judy Neuschafer
Absent - Brad Howe & David Higbee
Others - Greg DuMars, Jerry Lovett-Sperling, Tim Berggren, Tim Dunn, Thad Morrical, Carla Wilson, Gary Shogren and Dan Carr
The meeting was called to order at 7:06 a.m.
1. SALES TAX TRANSFER - Betty Nelson moved to approve applying sales tax collected to the Tomte Playground in the amount of $29,949.00; $3,753.17 for the Kindles for council; $3,035.00 for 9 pagers for the Fire Department; $61,428.42 for the Architect fee for City Hall and transferring $47,220.68 to the Capital Improvement Fund. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed.
2. CEREAL MALT BEVERAGE APPLICATIONS - The city has received applications from Kaps, Casey's and Pizza Hut to sell cereal malt beverages. The applications have been reviewed by the Chief of Police and the City Attorney with no problems noted by either. Lloyd Rohr moved to approve the applications. Motion seconded by Rick Martin and passed.
3. COST OF LIVING ALLOWANCE - Betty Nelson moved to approve a cost of living increase of 1% for each regular city employee effective 01-01-2011. Motion seconded by Lloyd Rohr and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
4. EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT - CITY ADMINISTRATOR - Betty Nelson moved to approve the contract with the Greg DuMars as City Administrator with a 1.5% merit increase. Motion seconded by Rick Martin and passed.
5. PAYROLL ORDINANCE - Becky Anderson moved to approve payment of Payroll Ordinance 4680. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
6. PURCHASE ORDER ORDINANCE - Russ Hefner moved to approve payment of Purchase Order Ordinance 4681. Motion seconded by Ken Branch and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
Meeting adjourned at 7:12 a.m.
Jerry Lovett-Sperling, MMC