LINDSBORG CITY COUNCIL
December 30, 2009 - 7:00 a.m.
Members Present - Betty Nelson, Lloyd Rohr, Ken Branch, Brad Howe, Becky Anderson, Rick Martin, Russ Hefner & Judy Neuschafer
Absent - David Higbee
Others - Greg DuMars, Jerry Lovett-Sperling, Larry Lindgren, Dan Carr, Carla Wilson, Tim Dunn, Gary Shelton, Brandon Blevins
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 a.m.
1. SALES TAX TRANSFER - Russ Hefner moved to approve applying sales tax collected to the purchase of a street Sweeper in the amount of $110,006.00; $3,052.32 for body armor in the police department; $3,007.00 for 9 pagers for the Fire Department and transferring $46,323.59 to the equipment reserve fund. Motion seconded by Betty Nelson and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
2. CEREAL MALT BEVERAGE APPLICATIONS - The city has received applications from Kaps, Casey's and Pizza Hut to sell cereal malt beverages. The applications have been reviewed by the Chief of Police and the City Attorney with no problems noted by either. Lloyd Rohr moved to approve the applications. Motion seconded by Brad Howe and passed.
3. CITY HALL RENOVATION CHANGE ORDER - Lloyd Rohr moved to approve $12,371.00 for the change orders for the City Hall renovation. Motion seconded by Betty Nelson and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
4. INSURANCE SERVICES PROPOSAL - Brad Howe moved to accept the proposal from Fee Insurance in McPherson for the city insurance coverage. Motion seconded by Lloyd Rohr and passed.
5. COST OF LIVING ALLOWANCE - Brad Howe moved to not give city employees a cost of living allowance increase for 2010, but allow employees to earn up to a 1.5% merit increase. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed.
6. EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT - CITY ADMINISTRATOR - Brad Howe moved to approve the contract with the Greg DuMars as City Administrator with a 1.5% merit increase. Motion seconded by Lloyd Rohr and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
Year End City Council Meeting - December 30, 2009 - page 2
7. PAYROLL ORDINANCES 4630 & 4632 - Betty Nelson moved to approve payment of Payroll Ordinances 4630 and 4632. Motion seconded by Brad Howe and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
8. PURCHASE ORDER ORDINANCE 4631 - Russ Hefner moved to approve payment of Purchase Order Ordinance 4631. Motion seconded by Betty Nelson and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
Meeting adjourned at 7:19 a.m.
Jerry Lovett-Sperling, MMC