SPECIAL COUNCIL MEETING
September 29, 2009 - 5:30 p.m.
Members Present - Lloyd Rohr, Russ Hefner, David Higbee, Ken Branch, Becky Anderson & Judy Neuschafer
Absent - Betty Nelson & Rick Martin
Others - Greg DuMars, Jerry Lovett-Sperling, Chuck Boully, Tim Berggren, Tim Dunn, Larry Lindgren, Gary Shogren, Ron Johnson, Sterling Benson & Dan Carr
The meeting was called to order at 5:30 p.m.
1. COUNCIL APPOINTMENT - Mayor Neuschafer asked for confirmation of the appointment of David Higbee as the council member from Ward 1. Lloyd Rohr moved to approve the appointment. Motion seconded by Becky Anderson and passed.
2. ORDINANCE 4620 - AUTHORIZING GENERAL OBGLIATION BOND ISSUE - Lloyd Rohr moved to adopt Ordinance 4620. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
3. RESOLUTION 18-09 - GENERAL OBLIGATION REFUNDING AND IMPROVEMENT BONDS - Russ Hefner moved to adopt Resolution 18-09. Motion seconded by Lloyd Rohr and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
Councilman Brad Howe joined the meeting.
4. NUISANCE VIOLATION HEARING - Sterling Benson presented information regarding the condition of the slough along his property. The city administrator stated that maintaining the slough is the responsibility of the property owner. After discussion by the council is was decided that this issue should be taken to committee for further study.
5. SWEDISH CHRISTMAS TREE PROPOSAL - Ron Johnson, representing the Christmas Committee submitted drawings for a Christmas display to be placed in front of the Blacksmith Shop that will take up approximately 3 parking spaces. After discussion, Lloyd Rohr moved to approve the request for the 2009 Christmas season. Motion seconded by Ken Branch and passed.
Meeting adjourned at 6:14 p.m.