LINDSBORG CITY COUNCIL
SPECIAL MEETING MINUTES
July 30, 2009 - 7:00 a.m.
Members Present - Betty Nelson, Brad Howe, Rick Martin, Becky Anderson, Ken Branch & Judy Neuschafer
Absent - Lloyd Rohr & Russ Hefner. One vacant seat
Others - Greg DuMars, Gary Shogren, Tim Dunn, Bill Gusenius, Larry Lindgren, Tim Berggren, Jerry Lovett-Sperling & Dan Carr
The meeting was called to order at 7:21 a.m.
1. CITY HALL RENOVATION - Greg DuMars reviewed the bid sheet for council. He indicated that a questionnaire was sent to the three low bidders and references were checked. After discussion by the members, Ken Branch moved to approve the low bid from Hieb & Associates of Hutchinson in the amount of $996,443.00. Motion seconded by Rick Martin and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
2. GATEWAY STREETS PROJECT - Greg DuMars reviewed the bid sheet for council. The City is familiar with the two lowest bidders Vogts & Bryant and Bryant, having used them on prior projects. There was a brief discussion on potential bonding costs and future indebtedness. After the discussion, Becky Anderson moved to accept the bid from Vogt's Construction in the amount of $1,014,569.10. Motion seconded by Betty Nelson and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
3. SEPTEMBER COUNCIL MEETING - Becky Anderson moved to change the September meeting date to Tuesday, September 8, 2009 because Monday is the Labor Day holiday. Motion seconded by Brad Howe and passed.
4. OCTOBER COUNCIL MEETING - Betty Nelson moved to change the October meeting date to Monday, October 12, 2009 because the first Monday conflicts with the annual League of Kansas Municipalities Conference. Motion seconded by Becky Anderson and passed.
Special Council Meeting Minutes - July 30, 2009 - page 2
5. EXECUTIVE SESSION - REAL ESTATE PURCHASE - Betty Nelson moved to enter executive session for 15 minutes to discuss a real estate purchase and include the city administrator and city attorney. Motion seconded by Brad Howe and passed. Executive Session began iat 8:10 a.m. and returned at 8:20 a.m. No action taken.
Meeting adjourned at 8:22 a.m.
Jerry Lovett-Sperling, MMC