LINDSBORG CITY COUNCIL
December 30, 2008 - Minutes
Members Present – Rick Martin, Russ Hefner, Ken Branch, Lloyd Rohr, Betty Nelson, Becky Anderson & Judy Neuschafer
Absent – Brad Howe & Wes Fisk
Others – Greg DuMars, Jerry Lovett-Sperling, Gary Shogren, Dan Carr, Thad Morrical, Tim Berggren, Tim Dunn & Larry Lindgren
PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION PLAN
Mayor Neuschafer opened the hearing at 7:00 a.m. Community Development Director, Gary Shogren provided a brief description of the plan. There were no questions or comments from the audience or council. Mayor Neuschafer closed the hearing at 7:05 a.m.
YEAREND COUNCIL MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 a.m.
1. SALES TAX – Lloyd Rohr moved to approve the distribute $138,489.44 in sales tax dollars as follows: $16,058.61 toward the purchase of the golf course; $49,144.75 toward the construction of the skate park and $73,286.08 toward the cost of the front end loader. Motion seconded by Betty Nelson and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
2. CEREAL MALT BEVERAGE LICENSE APPLICATIONS – Russ Hefner moved to approve the CMB applications for Casey’s, Kaps and Pizza Hut. Motion seconded by Lloyd Rohr and passed.
3. RECYCLING CENTER SIGN QUOTE – Rick Martin moved to approve $2,005.00 plus shipping for the purchase of the sign from Enviro Signs Ltd. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
4. REVISED EMPLOYEE MANUAL – Rick Martin moved to approve the revised employee manual. Motion seconded by Becky Anderson and passed.
5. COLA – Betty Nelson moved to approve a 2% cost of living allowance increase. Motion seconded by Becky Anderson and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
6. EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT WITH CITY ADMINISTRATOR – Rick moved to approve the employment contract with Greg DuMars as city administrator. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed. Becky Anderson commented that she was disappointed that all council members did not participate.
City Council – December 30, 1008 – page 2
7. ORDINANCE 4582 – NEIGHBORHOOD REVITALIZATION PROGRAM – Betty Nelson moved to adopt Ordinance 4582, the Neighborhood Revitalization Program. Motion seconded by Becky Anderson and passed.
8. PAYROLL RODINANCES 4579 & 4580 – Lloyd Rohr moved to approve payment of Payroll Ordinances 4579 & 4580. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
9. PURCHASE ORDER ORDINANCE 4581 – Lloyd Rohr moved to approve payment of Purchase Order Ordinance 4581. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
Meeting adjourned at 7:36 a.m.
Jerry Lovett-Sperling, MMC