Minutes – Dec. 28,
Members Present – Ken Branch, Betty Nelson, Russ Hefner, Lloyd Rohr, Becky Anderson, Rick martin, Brad Howe & Judy Neuschafer
Absent – Mark Van Camp
Others – Greg DuMars, Jerry Lovett-Sperling, Tim
Berggren, Tim Dunn, Larry Lindgren & Dan Carr
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 a.m.
1. SALES TAX TRANSFER – Betty Nelson moved to approve the
transfer of $5,000 in sales tax to the Capital Improvement Fund. Motion
seconded by Rick Martin and passed.
2. BOUNDARY ORDINANCE 4525 – Lloyd Rohr moved to adopt
Ordinance 4525, which is required by statute whenever the city boundary
changes. Motion seconded by Russ Hefner and passed.
3. CEEREAL MALT BEVERAGE APPLICATIONS – Betty Nelson moved to approve the CMB applications from KAPS, Casey’s General Store & Pizza
Hut. (All applications have been reviewed and approved with the Police Chief
& City Attorney) Motion seconded by Brad Howe and passed.
4. COST OF LIVING ALLOWANCE – Becky Anderson moved to
approve a 3.7% cost of living allowance for all full time regular city
employees based upon the consumer price index for the Midwest region. Motion
seconded by Rick Martin and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
5. EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT CITY ADMINISTRATOR – Becky Anderson moved to approve the contract with the City Administrator. Motion seconded by
Lloyd Rohr and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
6. PAYROLL ORDINANCES 4523 & 4524 – Betty Nelson moved to approve payment of Payroll Ordinances 4523 & 4524. Motion seconded by
Russ Hefner and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
7. PURCHASE ORDER ORDINANCE 4526 – Russ Hefner moved to
approve payment of Purchase Order Ordinance 4526. Motion seconded by Lloyd
Rohr and passed unanimously by roll call vote.
8. ARCHITECTURAL SERVICES AGREEMENT – Lloyd Rohr moved to
approve the contract with C. F. Abercrombie for services regarding the
renovation of City Hall at a cost of $92,000. Motion seconded by Rick Martin
and passed by roll call with “yes”
Meeting Minutes – 12/28/07 – page 2
votes from Rick Martin, Becky Anderson, Lloyd Rohr, Russ Hefner & Betty Nelson; “no” votes from Brad Howe and Ken Branch.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30 a.m.